24 June 2012

Well, we've lived here for two weeks thus far and are still transitioning fairly well. I've applied to several jobs and will likely apply to several more. When I'm not sifting through job postings, we're usually out walking the Iron Horse or driving around. I've got a pretty good handle on where things are now, despite all of the street names seeming to be a variation of Oak (i.e., Oak Rd, Oak Grove Rd, Oak Park Blvd, etc).

Yesterday we got library cards and were surprised/impressed to find out that we now have access to 26 libraries around the area! Contra Costa County networks all its libraries so, for example, we can check books out from Walnut Creek and return them in Pleasant Hill. And they're not crappy libraries either, they have self check-out computers, they offer online downloads of audio and eBooks, and give away free/discounted passes to museums and such. Going from ZERO library access in Hyde Park to this library mania is a dream come true for my book-loving heart.


In order to take advantage of the bike routes in our area, we decided to buy me a bike. It's been one week since my maiden voyage into downtown and my butt is only just starting to not hurt. I have some toughening up to do.


That's about it. Tomorrow we tackle the last major task of moving to a new state: vehicle registration and driver's licenses. Pray for us.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet library! I was excited about the networking they do here in CO, too. Pretty awesome deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm so jealous! About the library...not the bike. Kidding...or not.

    ReplyDelete